As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and a New York State qualified entity responsible for health information exchange in the eastern part of the state, Hixny is required to make certain information public for the convenience of our users and collaborators.
Hixny is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including all Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY) policies and procedures, regarding access to data, availability of organizational information and all other materials.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
The results of recent Hixny audits are available for review at our headquarters. Please contact us to make an appointment.
The Hixny Board of Directors includes seats for members of all stakeholder groups, including healthcare consumers, providers, payers and additional organizations. In addition, Hixny periodically surveys stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement. If you have a specific question about our decision-making procedures or policies, please contact us.
SHIN-NY Policies and Procedures
The federal government’s Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology requires us to provide the following disclosure:
- Developer Name: Hixny
- Product Name: Hixny HISP
- Product Version: 1.0
- Certification ID: IG-4196-18-0028
- Certification Date: Aug. 8, 2018
- Criteria certified:
- 170.315 (d)(1): Authentication, Access Control, Authorization
- 170.315 (d)(2): Auditable Events and Tamper-Resistance
- 170.315 (d)(3): Audit Report(s)
- 170.315 (d)(5): Automatic Access Time-out
- 170.315 (d)(6): Emergency Access
- 170.315 (d)(7): End-User Device Encryption
- 170.315 (d)(8): Integrity
- 170.315 (g)(4): Quality Management System
- 170.315 (g)(5): Accessibility-Centered Design
- 170.315 (h)(2): Direct Project, Edge Protocol and XDR/XDM
- Clinical Quality Measures certified: 0
- Additional software required for certification: Microsoft Window TCP/SMTP, Direct Project, InterSystems HealthShare, Microsoft Exchange
Disclaimer: This Health IT Module is 2015 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Insights & News
– Provider organizations represent a wide variety of services and specialties. – ALBANY, N.Y. – Hixny connected six new healthcare […]Read More