– Health information exchange starts new year with connections representing a variety of services. –
ALBANY, N.Y. – Hixny connected four organizations to the community-wide health information exchange (HIE) in January, further expanding the availability of patient records to the statewide healthcare community and to individual healthcare consumers.
The new connections are:
• Bridge Street Family Medicine, a primary care practice in Saugerties, N.Y.
• Greene County Mental Health, a community mental health clinic in Cairo, N.Y.
• Hal Fletcher Starnes, Jr. MD, a general surgeon in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
• Schenectady Eyes Surgery Associates, specialized surgery care in Schenectady, N.Y.
The new connections are contributing data using Consolidated-Clinical Document Architecture (C-CDA). This is the industry standard format for exchanging clinical information, including quantitative data such as lab results and qualitative data such as progress and imaging reports, consult and referral notes, and more.
Hixny is the nonprofit electronic health information exchange (HIE) serving residents and the healthcare community in New York’s 28 eastern counties north of New York City. Its secure technology allows people to contribute and use health records and the data they contain in real time, which improves consumers’ knowledge of their own records; ensures that providers have the details they need to provide high-quality care; and forms the foundation of effective population- and community-level health initiatives. Hixny is a nationally recognized leader in HIE technology innovation. To learn more, visit Hixny.org.