– Two behavioral health organizations among providers who join health information network. –
ALBANY, N.Y. – Hixny connected four organizations to the community-wide health information network (HIN) in April, further expanding the availability of patient records to the statewide healthcare community and to individual healthcare consumers.
The new connections are:
- Citizen Advocates, a behavioral health organization offering a variety of services across the North Country
- Hudson Valley Primary Care in Wappingers Falls, NY
- Pulmonary Physicians of Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga County Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
The new connections are contributing data using Consolidated-Clinical Document Architecture (C-CDA). This is the industry standard format for exchanging clinical information, including quantitative data such as lab results and qualitative data such as progress and imaging reports, consult and referral notes, and more.
Hixny is the nonprofit electronic health information network (HIN) serving Eastern New York and parts of Vermont. Its secure technology allows healthcare consumers and providers to access health records in real time, ensuring providers have the details they need to provide high-quality care and empowering patients to become more active participants in their own care. Hixny facilitates collaboration, helping establish the foundation of effective population- and community-level health initiatives. Hixny is a nationally recognized leader in HIE technology innovation.