– Provider organizations represent a wide variety of services and specialties. –
ALBANY, N.Y. – Hixny connected six new healthcare provider organizations to the community-wide health information exchange (HIE) during the month of January, further expanding the availability of patient records to the statewide healthcare community and to individual healthcare consumers.
The new connections are:
- Children’s Health Home of Upstate New York (CHHUNY), a community-based pediatric and adolescent care management service operating in 54 upstate counties from its base in Webster, N.Y.
- Clinton County ARC, a human services provider for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Delmar Family Medicine, a primary care provider and patient-centered medical home in Slingerlands, N.Y.
- Glens Falls Hospital outpatient services in Glens Falls, N.Y.
- Mabel MP Cheng, M.D., and Nicole Lemanski, M.D., Eye Physicians and Surgeons in Latham, N.Y.
- Rehabilitation Support Services Capital District PROS program and Capital District Clinic, behavioral health providers in Albany, N.Y.
All of the new connections are contributing data using Consolidated-Clinical Document Architecture (C-CDA). This is the industry standard format for exchanging clinical information, including quantitative data such as lab results and qualitative data such as progress and imaging reports, consult and referral notes, and more.
Hixny is the nonprofit electronic health information exchange (HIE) serving residents and the healthcare community in New York’s 28 eastern counties north of New York City. Its secure technology allows people to contribute and use health records and the data they contain in real time, which improves consumers’ knowledge of their own records; ensures that providers have the details they need to provide high-quality care; and forms the foundation of effective population- and community-level health initiatives. Hixny is a nationally recognized leader in HIE technology innovation. To learn more, visit Hixny.org.