Real-Time Patient Data for the Healthcare CommunityWith the consent of patients, Hixny puts records from across NYS at your fingertips or into your electronic records system.
Most people receive care from multiple providers, coordinated through various organizations. Providers and organizations share this data through Hixny to:
- Coordinate care more efficiently and more effectively
- Improve quality of care and patient satisfaction
- Increase office and clinical workflow efficiency
- Satisfy requirements for the meaningful use of electronic health records and for the reporting of quality metrics
Don’t take it from us. Watch Dr. Pauze’s story, for example.
Having access to secure, real-time patient records at the point of care has been shown to:
- Speed up emergency department encounters
- Reduce redundant tests and procedures
- Avoid unnecessary imaging
- Provide more comprehensive data to inform diagnosis and treatment
- Increase care coordination in a variety of settings
- Reduce costs passed along to insurers and patients
Hixny successfully completed NCQA’s Data Aggregator pilot program with a Validated with Exception status. This means Hixny can share data from approved sources with health plans, to be considered standard supplemental data for the purpose of HEDIS® MY 2020 reporting. You can view the verification status of data sources here.
If you are a provider who would like to work toward “passing” primary source verification for HEDIS® MY 2021 reporting, Hixny can work with your staff to improve data quality, mock primary source verification, assess workflow and support quality improvement efforts. Please contact us to speak to our consultant about your specific situation.
Hixny must go through an annual validation process and the current Validated with Exception status only applies to HEDIS® MY 2020 reporting.
The information available through Hixny is only as complete as the information provided to Hixny. That’s why it’s critically important for hospitals, physicians and other health professionals, health plans, government agencies, employers and consumers to make sure the whole community has real-time, accurate:
- Allergy, medication and immunization records
- Clinical documents and transcribed reports
- Diagnoses and procedures
- Discharge summaries and emergency department reports
- EKGs and other valuable test readings
- Encounter notes and problem lists
- Lab results and imaging reports
- Patient consent verification
- Population health and public health management data
About Patient Consent
Right now, your Hixny participation depends on your patients’ expressed consent to access and view their records. It’s in your power to help healthcare consumers understand how their consent helps improve the care they receive.
A quick explanation that their signature on the customized form we’ll prepare for you or on an electronic signature pad allows you to access and view records with their other providers electronically is usually sufficient to gain consent. In fact, 93 percent of adults who are asked for consent give consent, according to a Siena College Research Institute poll. It takes less than a minute.
Work with patients to update any information that may be incorrectly entered into their records. You might make this a normal part of your intake workflow, just like the standard medication check you already complete.
Remember that patients can also withdraw their consent for you to access and view their data through Hixny by completing a withdrawal of consent form that we will also provide you.