– Behavioral health, primary care and specialty practices begin sharing information. –
ALBANY, N.Y. – Hixny connected four new healthcare provider organizations to the community-wide health information exchange (HIE) in June, further expanding the availability of patient records to the statewide healthcare community and to individual healthcare consumers.
The new connections are:
- Community Health Centers of the Rutland Region, in west-central Vermont, including:
- Allen Pond, Rutland and Shorewell Community Health Centers
- Castleton and Mettowee Valley Family Health Centers
- Community Health Pediatrics
- Brandon Community Pharmacy
- Community Dental practices at Rutland and Shorewell
- Skilled nursing facilities at Mountain View Center, Rutland Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center and The Pines at Rutland
- Greenville Medical Associates, PC, a primary care practice in Greenville, N.Y.
- Upstate Podiatry Services, in Schenectady, N.Y.
- Vanderheyden, Inc., a community and residential behavioral health provider in Wynantskill, N.Y.
The new connections are contributing data using Consolidated-Clinical Document Architecture (C-CDA). This is the industry standard format for exchanging clinical information, including quantitative data such as lab results and qualitative data such as progress and imaging reports, consult and referral notes, and more.
Hixny is the nonprofit electronic health information exchange (HIE) serving residents and the healthcare community in New York’s 28 eastern counties north of New York City. Its secure technology allows people to contribute and use health records and the data they contain in real time, which improves consumers’ knowledge of their own records; ensures that providers have the details they need to provide high-quality care; and forms the foundation of effective population- and community-level health initiatives. Hixny is a nationally recognized leader in HIE technology innovation. To learn more, visit Hixny.org.